Driving up from work yesterday, I saw a beautiful sunset. The sun was surrounded by grey clouds which turned rose red and orange on the edges. The clouds, they were moving kinda fast, changing its shape and everything. After 20 minutes, it was over...the golden yellow glow painted on the side of houses sitting below the silver clouds at twin peaks was gone...and then I wonder, if sunsets were to last longer, say for like 4 hours, would we really still have an awe inside us when we see one? It's almost like even though I would love to see something beautiful last forever, maybe it's just perfect that these things are impermanent, until the next day, but then the sunset would be different. A thousand days, a thousand different sunsets, different cloud formations, different colors. Pretty cool if you ask me.
Been pretty restless these days...a mid-20's life crisis? Now that it's the tail end of what has been the summer of exodus, with all these friends and acquaintances I know leaving, then finding out a couple more coworkers leaving...seems like the sun's kinda setting on this one too. Everyone's moving on to something, grad school, new city, moving back home, or simply moving on. And that thought slowly sinks into my system and of course, being the restless perfectionist but not willing to work for it person that I am, the only thing I can think of is a term coined by my carpool buddy: NGP. No Game Plan.
You know, you really can't go anywhere without a game plan. In basketball, if you don't have a game plan, chances are you'll mark one up in the L column. So maybe if you're at work and you don't have a game plan, then you're just drifting. Luckily, Yahoo!'s been great. In love, NGP means you're either 1) playing dumb by acting confused 2) too afraid to do something about it 3) hurting people if you don't know what you're doing. In faith, NGP means you're feeling blase about everything the church does and honestly, just wasting time away. It's like no man's land.
Well, kinda getting sick of having NGP. Life's too beautiful and too imperfect to not have a game plan. There's like a million beautiful things happening every second and in some sense, that's what artists/architects/writers/poets/singers/songwriters/film directors/dareisaydesigners/motherteresawannabes strive for. There is something to those apple "think different" ads, that even though it's oh such a marketing ploy, those guys at chiat day got it right. It hit a nerve. The people who changed the world thought different, buck the trend, and wasn't afraid to make a fool out of themselves...until others naysayers realized that hey, they're not such fools afterall.
Ah...anyway, too much heavy thoughts. On the lighter side, here's some random keywords that's been bouncing off the sides of my cranium:
Gotta see Jerry Maguire cuz I'm "driving" (harr harr harr) my carpool buddy crazy by botching my Jerry Maguire-isms.
Next on the movie list - High fidelity, cuz that's only 2 degrees of separation between John Cuscak and Tom Cruise. And that's Cameron Crowe. 3 pretty useful names if you wanna play celebrity 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
Songs which are in danger of overplaying on my winamp/itunes: Flake - Jack Johnson, No such thing - John Mayer, Heaven - DJ Sammy and Yanou (do ya know yanou?), complicated - avril La-something, bittersweet symphony, anything norah jones.
Saw this pretty cool linkin park video with all this footage of breakdancing. Pretty cool stuff. Wouldn't mind going to some of them.
Books I'm attempting to read: They call me coach - John Wooden, Ecclesiastes, Habbakuk - God, Being the beloved - I forgot, HKLab - HKLab.
Places to go list: Spain - cuz they got those cool buildings like guggenheim bilbao, calatrava bridges, gaudi cathedrals and housing units, barcelona, and what could possibly be the best football team in the world, Real Madrid, plays there. Half Moon Bay, Boston, Vegas baby Vegas!
Okay, nuff rambling..."But I'm a million people from one day to the next I can't change, my mode, no no no no no..."
Been pretty restless these days...a mid-20's life crisis? Now that it's the tail end of what has been the summer of exodus, with all these friends and acquaintances I know leaving, then finding out a couple more coworkers leaving...seems like the sun's kinda setting on this one too. Everyone's moving on to something, grad school, new city, moving back home, or simply moving on. And that thought slowly sinks into my system and of course, being the restless perfectionist but not willing to work for it person that I am, the only thing I can think of is a term coined by my carpool buddy: NGP. No Game Plan.
You know, you really can't go anywhere without a game plan. In basketball, if you don't have a game plan, chances are you'll mark one up in the L column. So maybe if you're at work and you don't have a game plan, then you're just drifting. Luckily, Yahoo!'s been great. In love, NGP means you're either 1) playing dumb by acting confused 2) too afraid to do something about it 3) hurting people if you don't know what you're doing. In faith, NGP means you're feeling blase about everything the church does and honestly, just wasting time away. It's like no man's land.
Well, kinda getting sick of having NGP. Life's too beautiful and too imperfect to not have a game plan. There's like a million beautiful things happening every second and in some sense, that's what artists/architects/writers/poets/singers/songwriters/film directors/dareisaydesigners/motherteresawannabes strive for. There is something to those apple "think different" ads, that even though it's oh such a marketing ploy, those guys at chiat day got it right. It hit a nerve. The people who changed the world thought different, buck the trend, and wasn't afraid to make a fool out of themselves...until others naysayers realized that hey, they're not such fools afterall.
Ah...anyway, too much heavy thoughts. On the lighter side, here's some random keywords that's been bouncing off the sides of my cranium:
Gotta see Jerry Maguire cuz I'm "driving" (harr harr harr) my carpool buddy crazy by botching my Jerry Maguire-isms.
Next on the movie list - High fidelity, cuz that's only 2 degrees of separation between John Cuscak and Tom Cruise. And that's Cameron Crowe. 3 pretty useful names if you wanna play celebrity 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon...
Songs which are in danger of overplaying on my winamp/itunes: Flake - Jack Johnson, No such thing - John Mayer, Heaven - DJ Sammy and Yanou (do ya know yanou?), complicated - avril La-something, bittersweet symphony, anything norah jones.
Saw this pretty cool linkin park video with all this footage of breakdancing. Pretty cool stuff. Wouldn't mind going to some of them.
Books I'm attempting to read: They call me coach - John Wooden, Ecclesiastes, Habbakuk - God, Being the beloved - I forgot, HKLab - HKLab.
Places to go list: Spain - cuz they got those cool buildings like guggenheim bilbao, calatrava bridges, gaudi cathedrals and housing units, barcelona, and what could possibly be the best football team in the world, Real Madrid, plays there. Half Moon Bay, Boston, Vegas baby Vegas!
Okay, nuff rambling..."But I'm a million people from one day to the next I can't change, my mode, no no no no no..."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home