Tuesday, 11pm...
It's a glorious day for Korea. Tonight I witnessed the 1st ever World Cup win for Korea as they defeated Poland 2-0 in front of a stadium full of crazed fans in Busan. Here at the IMC, chants of "Te Han Min Goo" (glorious republic of Korea) can be heard throughtout the entire game. Personally, I was sitting next to my korean coworker and man, it was such a moment when they scored their first goal. The whole place just went wild! And watching the news reports afterwards, looks like the entire Korea's not going to sleep tonight... This is definitely a moment to remember.
Oh yeah, and uh...China played their first ever World Cup game today...they didn't do very well. Didn't even score a goal against the Costa Ricans. Oh well, at least they made it to the tourney. Next game is against Brazil, let's just hope that they don't get embarrassed like the Saudis against the Germans. Germany beat them 8-0, the worst defeat in world cup history.
I'm getting my first day off tomorrow! After 2 1/2 weeks of working everyday for around 12 hrs a day, I finally get to leave this box that I've been living in. So a coworker and I will travel to neighboring Suwon to watch US play Portugal. I bought a USA t-shirt today and I'm hoping to paint my face for tomorrow's game. WooHoo! Go USA!!! Haha...It's gonna be great.
So the Lakers won yesterday. Mad props to the few and the proud Laker fans...The rest of the country would love to see them lose. But they fought well. The kings are definitely a more skilled team, and it was hard to stop the offensive barrage that is the Kings, but they answered each Bibby shot with their own. From Horry's three at the buzzer, the tough floaters in the lane by Kobe, Shaq making his free throws, Rick Fox driving into the lane when they sag off him, to the rest of the role players who fought hard. That's right...once again all the Laker haters are disappointed to say the least, and yet another round of NBA conspiracy theories make its way to people's blogs, im's, and emails. I say Shhhhh......stop your whining. They have no one to blame but the Kings. They lost it at the free throw line. You can't win a game 7 by shooting around 50% from the line. And all the "what if's" about game 4. Hey, the Lakers are scrappers. We fight till the end. We might not be the most skilled, have the deepest bench, we don't win elegantly, we just get the job done, get the W, cuz that's all it matters. So don't whine about what ifs. Shaq and Kobe are annoying? Well, both Shaq and Kobe had to fight thru injuries all year and they fought till the end. I have to say that Shaq is not even close to 100% when he played the kings, but hey, no one has found a way to stop them have they? No one talks about how great of a passer he is, or that he's a great defensive presence in the middle (he blocked 2 consecutive Webber shots point blank from the basket in game 7) Complain about how ugly Shaq's free throws are? Well, he made more of them than any player on the Kings, who can have the most beautiful stroke for all I care but if you miss, well, all you can say is that you had a nice form... Whiners? The biggest whiner of all is Vlade, who does whining and flopping exceptionally well. He can push kobe and have the guts to then act like he was innocent. I have yet to see a foul that he doesn't think he didn't commit. Come on. I saw the replays, you cry wolf so many times, and it'll come back to haunt you. Vlade is just such a bad example because I like the Kings. Christie is a great guy, so is Bibby. Classy organization? Sure. But that doesn't mean they deserve to go to the finals. This isn't a popularity contest buddy, and that's what makes this win even sweeter, because the entire country hates the Lakers. And that's fine. Fickle fans you say? You've never been to LA when they won the championships in the 80's, let alone the last two years. You can't drive on the freeways without seeing Laker flags on people's cars. All ethnicities in LA, young and old, rich and poor, all flying Laker colors. It's not a team just for Hollywood actors, as NBC would like you to think and stereotype. The Laker fans I know range from blue collar workers in San Gabriel valley, immigrants from Asia and Latin America, to Lexus driving well to do's in westside. It doesn't matter. Lakers unify LA. It's what we're proud of. We stay Laker fans when they weren't the best team in the NBA. And we will stand by them when this dynasty will end and they won't be the best team in the NBA...doesn't matter. I personally am a Laker fan for life. Any New Yorker who talks of conspiracy theories should start at New York drafting Patrick Ewing. If THAT's not a conspiracy, I don't know what is... Now there's one more team to go thru...the nets, coached by the great Laker guard Byron Scott. Guess what, he was a Laker, grew up sneaking into the Inglewood Forum back when he was little. It'll be fun... At any rate, there, I've put in my rebuttal. Go Lakers! Bring on the Dynasty baby...
Okay, so trash talking aside, thanks to CLi, I got a chance to listen to the Veritas message yesterday, and I had a good hour of being still in the morning today, reading the bible a bit and praying. I've been neglecting God for a while and I'm fighting to get back into God's will instead of my will. I can't deny the fact that the biggest struggle in my life right now is all inside my head. It seems that even though this project would be the biggest and the most exciting experience I've been thru, I now know for a fact that ultimately, things in this world can never satisfy fully. So do I place my hope in heaven or on earth? Do I settle for good enough or do I want the best? Do I follow what the majority believes or do I follow what I believe? Like DLu says in his blog, I think everyone has to have introspection once in a while in their lives, and apparently it's happening to a lot of people I know. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in September. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding...In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
It's a glorious day for Korea. Tonight I witnessed the 1st ever World Cup win for Korea as they defeated Poland 2-0 in front of a stadium full of crazed fans in Busan. Here at the IMC, chants of "Te Han Min Goo" (glorious republic of Korea) can be heard throughtout the entire game. Personally, I was sitting next to my korean coworker and man, it was such a moment when they scored their first goal. The whole place just went wild! And watching the news reports afterwards, looks like the entire Korea's not going to sleep tonight... This is definitely a moment to remember.
Oh yeah, and uh...China played their first ever World Cup game today...they didn't do very well. Didn't even score a goal against the Costa Ricans. Oh well, at least they made it to the tourney. Next game is against Brazil, let's just hope that they don't get embarrassed like the Saudis against the Germans. Germany beat them 8-0, the worst defeat in world cup history.
I'm getting my first day off tomorrow! After 2 1/2 weeks of working everyday for around 12 hrs a day, I finally get to leave this box that I've been living in. So a coworker and I will travel to neighboring Suwon to watch US play Portugal. I bought a USA t-shirt today and I'm hoping to paint my face for tomorrow's game. WooHoo! Go USA!!! Haha...It's gonna be great.
So the Lakers won yesterday. Mad props to the few and the proud Laker fans...The rest of the country would love to see them lose. But they fought well. The kings are definitely a more skilled team, and it was hard to stop the offensive barrage that is the Kings, but they answered each Bibby shot with their own. From Horry's three at the buzzer, the tough floaters in the lane by Kobe, Shaq making his free throws, Rick Fox driving into the lane when they sag off him, to the rest of the role players who fought hard. That's right...once again all the Laker haters are disappointed to say the least, and yet another round of NBA conspiracy theories make its way to people's blogs, im's, and emails. I say Shhhhh......stop your whining. They have no one to blame but the Kings. They lost it at the free throw line. You can't win a game 7 by shooting around 50% from the line. And all the "what if's" about game 4. Hey, the Lakers are scrappers. We fight till the end. We might not be the most skilled, have the deepest bench, we don't win elegantly, we just get the job done, get the W, cuz that's all it matters. So don't whine about what ifs. Shaq and Kobe are annoying? Well, both Shaq and Kobe had to fight thru injuries all year and they fought till the end. I have to say that Shaq is not even close to 100% when he played the kings, but hey, no one has found a way to stop them have they? No one talks about how great of a passer he is, or that he's a great defensive presence in the middle (he blocked 2 consecutive Webber shots point blank from the basket in game 7) Complain about how ugly Shaq's free throws are? Well, he made more of them than any player on the Kings, who can have the most beautiful stroke for all I care but if you miss, well, all you can say is that you had a nice form... Whiners? The biggest whiner of all is Vlade, who does whining and flopping exceptionally well. He can push kobe and have the guts to then act like he was innocent. I have yet to see a foul that he doesn't think he didn't commit. Come on. I saw the replays, you cry wolf so many times, and it'll come back to haunt you. Vlade is just such a bad example because I like the Kings. Christie is a great guy, so is Bibby. Classy organization? Sure. But that doesn't mean they deserve to go to the finals. This isn't a popularity contest buddy, and that's what makes this win even sweeter, because the entire country hates the Lakers. And that's fine. Fickle fans you say? You've never been to LA when they won the championships in the 80's, let alone the last two years. You can't drive on the freeways without seeing Laker flags on people's cars. All ethnicities in LA, young and old, rich and poor, all flying Laker colors. It's not a team just for Hollywood actors, as NBC would like you to think and stereotype. The Laker fans I know range from blue collar workers in San Gabriel valley, immigrants from Asia and Latin America, to Lexus driving well to do's in westside. It doesn't matter. Lakers unify LA. It's what we're proud of. We stay Laker fans when they weren't the best team in the NBA. And we will stand by them when this dynasty will end and they won't be the best team in the NBA...doesn't matter. I personally am a Laker fan for life. Any New Yorker who talks of conspiracy theories should start at New York drafting Patrick Ewing. If THAT's not a conspiracy, I don't know what is... Now there's one more team to go thru...the nets, coached by the great Laker guard Byron Scott. Guess what, he was a Laker, grew up sneaking into the Inglewood Forum back when he was little. It'll be fun... At any rate, there, I've put in my rebuttal. Go Lakers! Bring on the Dynasty baby...
Okay, so trash talking aside, thanks to CLi, I got a chance to listen to the Veritas message yesterday, and I had a good hour of being still in the morning today, reading the bible a bit and praying. I've been neglecting God for a while and I'm fighting to get back into God's will instead of my will. I can't deny the fact that the biggest struggle in my life right now is all inside my head. It seems that even though this project would be the biggest and the most exciting experience I've been thru, I now know for a fact that ultimately, things in this world can never satisfy fully. So do I place my hope in heaven or on earth? Do I settle for good enough or do I want the best? Do I follow what the majority believes or do I follow what I believe? Like DLu says in his blog, I think everyone has to have introspection once in a while in their lives, and apparently it's happening to a lot of people I know. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in September. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding...In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home