Tuesday, 3/12/02
4:55pm
Zurich
Got a little break between meetings right now…The cool sight of the day was visiting the FIFA office, where I got a chance to see the exact replica of the World Cup trophy. I’ve been cropping the image of the trophy so many times and now I got to see the real deal. So I guess the equivalent to this experience is to see the Lombardi trophy or the NBA trophy six inches away from you. Pretty cool…
The team went to a nice restaurant called Terrasse It’s right by the riverside and yep, this is going to be a recurring trend here, it’s beautiful. Great Atmosphere, great meal. Haven’t really got a chance to walk around when the shops are open though. The shops here close at 6pm so I still need to walk thru the main shopping street, the Bahnhof-Strasse. Maybe Saturday…
Thursday, 3/14/02
11:21pm
Zurich
Ok, the meal that I’ve been waiting for finally happened yesterday nite. The entire team was treated with an authentic fondue dinner in a cozy chalet on top of the mountain. So fondue is basically a pot of cheese in the middle, kind of like hot pot, but with cheese. Then you pick up little chunks of bread with your long fork and dip it into the pot of cheese. A side of steam potatoes is also provided. And you have it with a glass of white wine. I have to say though, it was awesome to try something new and of course, something that the Swiss have been known for, but I think I’ll stay away from fondue for a while. There’s so much…..cheese! Of course, you must be saying, this IS fondue… but man, there’s so much…cheese…that I had a fondue hangover afterwards! Ha Ha. It was fun though…The people I work with are true globetrotters and their stories fascinate me. They’re also awesome to work with.
So then today we took a trip to the nearby city of Zug for meetings. It was good to get on a train and see the Swiss scenery. Although it was cloudy, I could still see the gentle rolling hills dotted with quaint chalets, the memorable forests and rivers which we pass over, and of course, the lakes and lakeside houses sitting neatly one after another. The train is comfortable and quiet too but…I’m not going to talk about the transportation system again…
We also had a chance to play in a friendly match of football with the FIFA team. Boy, I felt so…American! I can’t play! I was tired after 5 minutes! And I have no idea how to play football while all the Europeans were launching shots one after another. We played inside an indoor gym and as I look up at the basketball backboards on the walls, I so wanted to play basketball against them…but…this is Europe…I’m working on a football site…no deal. So by the third game I’ve been relegated to being the goal keeper, which I actually enjoyed because hey, at least I got to use my hands right? :P Anyway, I felt better after I saved a couple of shots…and I was happy that they only got 1 goal when I was playing goalkeeper! But really, everytime they shot at me from close range…I thought I was going to die…but whew…I survived…barely…Afterwards I got a chance to ride inside a mini cooper. They’re so cool! It was a green mini and everything about the car is so designed and beautiful! So we went to McDonalds for lunch….have you heard of this place? I ordered the McFarmer. Yep, the McFarmer. Don’t worry, you don’t need to try the McFarmer…Not the best Swiss food I’ve tasted…But hey, I went from eating fondue to mickey d’s…it can only get better…
4:55pm
Zurich
Got a little break between meetings right now…The cool sight of the day was visiting the FIFA office, where I got a chance to see the exact replica of the World Cup trophy. I’ve been cropping the image of the trophy so many times and now I got to see the real deal. So I guess the equivalent to this experience is to see the Lombardi trophy or the NBA trophy six inches away from you. Pretty cool…
The team went to a nice restaurant called Terrasse It’s right by the riverside and yep, this is going to be a recurring trend here, it’s beautiful. Great Atmosphere, great meal. Haven’t really got a chance to walk around when the shops are open though. The shops here close at 6pm so I still need to walk thru the main shopping street, the Bahnhof-Strasse. Maybe Saturday…
Thursday, 3/14/02
11:21pm
Zurich
Ok, the meal that I’ve been waiting for finally happened yesterday nite. The entire team was treated with an authentic fondue dinner in a cozy chalet on top of the mountain. So fondue is basically a pot of cheese in the middle, kind of like hot pot, but with cheese. Then you pick up little chunks of bread with your long fork and dip it into the pot of cheese. A side of steam potatoes is also provided. And you have it with a glass of white wine. I have to say though, it was awesome to try something new and of course, something that the Swiss have been known for, but I think I’ll stay away from fondue for a while. There’s so much…..cheese! Of course, you must be saying, this IS fondue… but man, there’s so much…cheese…that I had a fondue hangover afterwards! Ha Ha. It was fun though…The people I work with are true globetrotters and their stories fascinate me. They’re also awesome to work with.
So then today we took a trip to the nearby city of Zug for meetings. It was good to get on a train and see the Swiss scenery. Although it was cloudy, I could still see the gentle rolling hills dotted with quaint chalets, the memorable forests and rivers which we pass over, and of course, the lakes and lakeside houses sitting neatly one after another. The train is comfortable and quiet too but…I’m not going to talk about the transportation system again…
We also had a chance to play in a friendly match of football with the FIFA team. Boy, I felt so…American! I can’t play! I was tired after 5 minutes! And I have no idea how to play football while all the Europeans were launching shots one after another. We played inside an indoor gym and as I look up at the basketball backboards on the walls, I so wanted to play basketball against them…but…this is Europe…I’m working on a football site…no deal. So by the third game I’ve been relegated to being the goal keeper, which I actually enjoyed because hey, at least I got to use my hands right? :P Anyway, I felt better after I saved a couple of shots…and I was happy that they only got 1 goal when I was playing goalkeeper! But really, everytime they shot at me from close range…I thought I was going to die…but whew…I survived…barely…Afterwards I got a chance to ride inside a mini cooper. They’re so cool! It was a green mini and everything about the car is so designed and beautiful! So we went to McDonalds for lunch….have you heard of this place? I ordered the McFarmer. Yep, the McFarmer. Don’t worry, you don’t need to try the McFarmer…Not the best Swiss food I’ve tasted…But hey, I went from eating fondue to mickey d’s…it can only get better…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home