Wow, I'm really happy right now...If you can only see my grin...I felt like I just found something that was pure happiness. So the worship team came over to our house to practice today, and man, they're so good!!!!! It was like a concert right in our living room...what a treat! And WW brought Krispy Creme donuts too! *grin* I especially liked the jam session between BCP, DC, and JY. They were just going off! Gotta love inprovisation. The sounds, THAT was pure joy. The best things in life ARE free...Thx you guys!
So this worship thing kinda ties into my next spiel...Recently I finally bought an 80gig HD for my mac and I can finally download videos from Thailand for editing. (Thx to JH for lending me the videocam.) Basically I spent most of my day off in front of the screen editing. Although it's a lot of work, the thailand video brought back so much memories of last summer. It was like finding the treasure chest that I had hid for 6 months, reopening it and enjoying every bit of it. I remembered the first day of teaching at Rachapat, meeting the students for the first time, catching a 6 inch cockroach, spending awesome worship and hangout time at the Thailand church, eating all those great food (reminds me that the best pad thai I've ever had costs 20 cents US, and a Thai ice tea costs like 6 cents!), visiting the AIDS hospice and talking to the patients, sharing our faith to the few who did come to hear the gospel, and just having a good time in a place I've never been, talking to people I've never met before. I enjoyed the experience so much and that's why I have to make the video in time for the recruiting time this year. (If you haven't gone to Thailand for missions, you should! The phrase is overused but...It's an experience you won't forget...seriously.) So anyway, back to the topic...I saw the video I shot of worship in that little Thailand Church in Lopburi and that too was beautiful. The songs were in Thai and even though there was only an acoustic guitar to set the rhythm, the melody of the song was smooth and the people really got into it. Reminds me of the notes I wrote about Thailand, that even though US had so much material wealth and power, in thailand sometimes you can see a joy in people that you can't see here in US. Especially at the Thailand church. It was like, life is much simplier there. You don't have to worry about stock prices or what new consumer electronics gadget you have to buy cuz you've been brainwashed by the commercial that's been playing for the 200th time telling you that you NEED to have it...but I digress...In Thailand, I think someitmes, when you don't have a lot, it's easier to see the pure beauties in life...in nature, in people, in serendipity, in song, in smiles, in food, in all the details of life that we overlook as we race to the next thing on our to do list. Life is beautiful, you just got to look around...
Hmm...what da heck is multimedia? Recently I've been thinking about how I can use multimedia to bring glory to God. I think it's an increasingly important ministry, knowing that we're living in such a visual and media-centric world these days. So right now, a.k.a. the first draft, I think that multimedia at church can serve three main points...
1. To allow people to access needed information easier - no matter it be finding out what's going on at church this month, look up contact info, search for past sermons, or just who is this God and how do I find out more about this God. These information has to be accessible and easy to find.
2. To enhance worship
3. To motivate people - To go on missions trips, to share testimonies with each other, to encourage people to join in on ministries, to encourage people to learn more about what is the Christian faith and why it matters.
Well, ultimately, God has to be in the center. I just hope that this pleases our gracious Lord. Trust in Him day by day.
All in all, it was a good week. From biking around Lake Merced with friends (how do you use this stupid bike pump!), spending insane amounts of time watching videos (but it was so fun!), watching the ridiculous short track skating event (see...the last SHALL be first!), to staying up till almost sunrise...doh! It's like 1am! I got work tomorrow! Gotta go...
So this worship thing kinda ties into my next spiel...Recently I finally bought an 80gig HD for my mac and I can finally download videos from Thailand for editing. (Thx to JH for lending me the videocam.) Basically I spent most of my day off in front of the screen editing. Although it's a lot of work, the thailand video brought back so much memories of last summer. It was like finding the treasure chest that I had hid for 6 months, reopening it and enjoying every bit of it. I remembered the first day of teaching at Rachapat, meeting the students for the first time, catching a 6 inch cockroach, spending awesome worship and hangout time at the Thailand church, eating all those great food (reminds me that the best pad thai I've ever had costs 20 cents US, and a Thai ice tea costs like 6 cents!), visiting the AIDS hospice and talking to the patients, sharing our faith to the few who did come to hear the gospel, and just having a good time in a place I've never been, talking to people I've never met before. I enjoyed the experience so much and that's why I have to make the video in time for the recruiting time this year. (If you haven't gone to Thailand for missions, you should! The phrase is overused but...It's an experience you won't forget...seriously.) So anyway, back to the topic...I saw the video I shot of worship in that little Thailand Church in Lopburi and that too was beautiful. The songs were in Thai and even though there was only an acoustic guitar to set the rhythm, the melody of the song was smooth and the people really got into it. Reminds me of the notes I wrote about Thailand, that even though US had so much material wealth and power, in thailand sometimes you can see a joy in people that you can't see here in US. Especially at the Thailand church. It was like, life is much simplier there. You don't have to worry about stock prices or what new consumer electronics gadget you have to buy cuz you've been brainwashed by the commercial that's been playing for the 200th time telling you that you NEED to have it...but I digress...In Thailand, I think someitmes, when you don't have a lot, it's easier to see the pure beauties in life...in nature, in people, in serendipity, in song, in smiles, in food, in all the details of life that we overlook as we race to the next thing on our to do list. Life is beautiful, you just got to look around...
Hmm...what da heck is multimedia? Recently I've been thinking about how I can use multimedia to bring glory to God. I think it's an increasingly important ministry, knowing that we're living in such a visual and media-centric world these days. So right now, a.k.a. the first draft, I think that multimedia at church can serve three main points...
1. To allow people to access needed information easier - no matter it be finding out what's going on at church this month, look up contact info, search for past sermons, or just who is this God and how do I find out more about this God. These information has to be accessible and easy to find.
2. To enhance worship
3. To motivate people - To go on missions trips, to share testimonies with each other, to encourage people to join in on ministries, to encourage people to learn more about what is the Christian faith and why it matters.
Well, ultimately, God has to be in the center. I just hope that this pleases our gracious Lord. Trust in Him day by day.
All in all, it was a good week. From biking around Lake Merced with friends (how do you use this stupid bike pump!), spending insane amounts of time watching videos (but it was so fun!), watching the ridiculous short track skating event (see...the last SHALL be first!), to staying up till almost sunrise...doh! It's like 1am! I got work tomorrow! Gotta go...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home