Just enjoy it.
Someone sent me these links today and got me all excited about design again. There's this guy named Jonathan Harris and he made two interesting "design-nee" sites. The first one is wordcount, which lists the top 86,800 words used in the English Language. Schwarzenegger is #32244. ;) Check it out here. His latest work is called 10x10, which captures the top 100 words and pictures of the hour and lays them out in a postcard mosaic. The words and pictures are pulled from popular news sources, so for example today, it's battle in Fallujah, Arafat, Bush, and Firefox. Very neat stuff. Check it out here. Check out the rest of his work at Number27.org.
In two weeks I'll be heading off to Bermuda, NYC, and Houston. There's just so much of the world to see. :) I'm just thankful that I'll be able to attend some weddings and see some old friends on the east coast. As time goes by, I see more and more people move on, and my friendships with them deteriorate. Sometimes it's my fault, other times, it's really out of my control. All I know is that usually I'm the one that leaves the community, going off to bigger and better places. But this time, I'm the one staying around for a while. I've been with my company for a long long time now, and I now call the Bay Area home. Others have gone on to the east coast, to attend grad schools, medical schools, getting married. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this, but the bottom line is, everyone has to be challenged and take advantage of our time here to the max. You can't hope to stay where you're at because others are moving too.
Recently I bought "Eternal Sushine of the Spotless Mind" on dvd. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, partly because it deals with memories and love in a non-hollywood way. Plus I love the director Michel Gondry. Anyway, towards the end of the movie, with the lead character's memories fading...here's the dialogue:
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.
...and I guess that's what I should do nowadays...just enjoy it.
In two weeks I'll be heading off to Bermuda, NYC, and Houston. There's just so much of the world to see. :) I'm just thankful that I'll be able to attend some weddings and see some old friends on the east coast. As time goes by, I see more and more people move on, and my friendships with them deteriorate. Sometimes it's my fault, other times, it's really out of my control. All I know is that usually I'm the one that leaves the community, going off to bigger and better places. But this time, I'm the one staying around for a while. I've been with my company for a long long time now, and I now call the Bay Area home. Others have gone on to the east coast, to attend grad schools, medical schools, getting married. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this, but the bottom line is, everyone has to be challenged and take advantage of our time here to the max. You can't hope to stay where you're at because others are moving too.
Recently I bought "Eternal Sushine of the Spotless Mind" on dvd. It's one of my favorite movies of all time, partly because it deals with memories and love in a non-hollywood way. Plus I love the director Michel Gondry. Anyway, towards the end of the movie, with the lead character's memories fading...here's the dialogue:
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.
...and I guess that's what I should do nowadays...just enjoy it.

1 Comments:
there's a special two disc version of the dvd coming out in a few months next year! i already bought this version too. :(
By
gw, at 5:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home