Things in Life
Ok, so I'm in love........
with......
Krista and Caleb!
Those kids are so adorable. Caleb is 8 months old and he's got a crazy funny smirk. He's gonna be a smart fella. But right now he's just drooling and posing on the carpet. Krista is already smart. Almost 2, she has an uncanny ability to word associate and remembers everything that you say. Plus she's already a great dancer!
It has been great hanging out w/ the Woo-tang-clan. So many lessons, advice I've learned from them. I wish them the best as they're called to going down south, but I'll definitely keep in touch with them. J & C, Caleb, Krista, even Aki. We'll all miss them up here.
Recently life has had it's ups and downs, and not until CK brought to mind the lyrics of "Things in Life" by Dennis Brown, had I realized why I loved the movie Chungking Express so much. Part of that love comes from the scene in the bar, when one of the characters plays that song from the jukebox...
Things In Life
It's not every day we're gonna be the same way
There must be a change somehow
There are bad times and good times, too
so have a little faith in what you do
'cause you don't seem to realise
The things you've got to face in life
Today you're up, tomorrow you're down
so thank God that you're still around town
Though we have got to work like slaves
Just for a little piece of bread
But as we go along each day
We'll find happiness to sooth our mind, cause
It's not every day we're gonna be the same way
There must be a change somehow
There are bad times and good times, too
so have a little faith in what you do
-Dennis Brown
Keep ya head up. :)
And yeah, I'm very thankful for all that is given to me. Everything. Even though my wants will never be satisfied, and my wants....that's asking for too much. What I have, is already amazing. So why don't I trust Him more?
Here in SF, after almost 2 weeks of gloom and fog, it's a clear blue sky and I can hear the waves from my room. I take a look outside and it's beautiful. Man, when you think of these days, no one can ever complain about SF. No way. This has got to be one of the most beautiful places to live in the world. It's awesome.
"Everything is beautiful, everything is wonderful, every perfect gift comes from you...." - Chris Tomlin
with......
Krista and Caleb!
Those kids are so adorable. Caleb is 8 months old and he's got a crazy funny smirk. He's gonna be a smart fella. But right now he's just drooling and posing on the carpet. Krista is already smart. Almost 2, she has an uncanny ability to word associate and remembers everything that you say. Plus she's already a great dancer!
It has been great hanging out w/ the Woo-tang-clan. So many lessons, advice I've learned from them. I wish them the best as they're called to going down south, but I'll definitely keep in touch with them. J & C, Caleb, Krista, even Aki. We'll all miss them up here.
Recently life has had it's ups and downs, and not until CK brought to mind the lyrics of "Things in Life" by Dennis Brown, had I realized why I loved the movie Chungking Express so much. Part of that love comes from the scene in the bar, when one of the characters plays that song from the jukebox...
Things In Life
It's not every day we're gonna be the same way
There must be a change somehow
There are bad times and good times, too
so have a little faith in what you do
'cause you don't seem to realise
The things you've got to face in life
Today you're up, tomorrow you're down
so thank God that you're still around town
Though we have got to work like slaves
Just for a little piece of bread
But as we go along each day
We'll find happiness to sooth our mind, cause
It's not every day we're gonna be the same way
There must be a change somehow
There are bad times and good times, too
so have a little faith in what you do
-Dennis Brown
Keep ya head up. :)
And yeah, I'm very thankful for all that is given to me. Everything. Even though my wants will never be satisfied, and my wants....that's asking for too much. What I have, is already amazing. So why don't I trust Him more?
Here in SF, after almost 2 weeks of gloom and fog, it's a clear blue sky and I can hear the waves from my room. I take a look outside and it's beautiful. Man, when you think of these days, no one can ever complain about SF. No way. This has got to be one of the most beautiful places to live in the world. It's awesome.
"Everything is beautiful, everything is wonderful, every perfect gift comes from you...." - Chris Tomlin

1 Comments:
Amen to that...=)
By
LIB, at 6:25 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home