Cozy Airport Lounge

Monday, April 28, 2003

Hi friends and families, I had a really blessed time over the weekend. First of all, I got to finally cook for the 1st time in months with the Jens. Wound up spending like 3 hours to coordinate, buy groceries, prep and cook a regular meal though...maybe that's why I don't cook that often anymore. Nevertheless, got to eat with three wonderful ladies...yeah, overdosed on female conversations...maybe more than I bargained for, but hey, it was a good time. Afterwards, went out to Rohan on Geary. It's a lounge that's kinda chill, with a dj and pretty comfy environs. Got to hang out w/ peeps who I wanted to chill with for a while. Even Mr. Fish came along! He thought we were going out to Golden Island...needless to say he was kinda shocked, but it was a fun time yeah? GW and Thomas and his broken arm came out too. Jendai wanted some backup but sigh...it's another episode of eliminadate...it's all good! We all had fun! Oh yeah, desserts were good, and prices are fairly reasonable. Check it out!

Went to a wedding saturday and it was such a simple, yet joyous wedding. O and A got married and you know, I really look up to O. He's such an awesome guy. I think his best man said it best, "You know, O and I are very different. First of all, he's short and vietnamese and I'm tall and jewish, but that's what so great about O, he sees you as who you are, and not what you are." Pretty much sums up a man who was courageous, live life to the fullest, and was willing to love others no matter what, to love like God did. I'm happy for them both!

Sunday, finally got a chance to play some ball. The courts were packed and we thought we would have to wait a while and then it drizzled and people started leaving. It's just rain guys! Fine with me, we didn't have to wait anymore. It's always good to get some exercise in. Then there was pastor Jeff's sermon. Talked about "Waiting in the Lord" and how it's not about just waiting passively for something you wish or dream would happen, like scratching the alladin lamp and just waiting for something to happen. Instead, it's all about being patient as the Lord works in you to develop your character thru trials and sufferings so that we may all become more like Jesus, to love others first, even though you've been burned before. I mean, as we get older, we get cynical cuz you try to be a nice guy and you get burned and yeah, you hear stuff like nice guys finish last. But if you're convicted that what you're doing is the right thing to do and is what God would like you to do then it's worth the challenge right? I dunno, maybe I'm rambling, but it was somewhat of a breakthru for me, since recently it's been kinda tough for me, having to deal with my own failures and have to live with the consequences, to know what the long term effect is. If I just quit here, then it would be pretty pathetic. But like the book of James, trials develop perserverance, and that eventually will strengthen you to become more like our Lord. I guess like that jazz song goes... "I'm beginning to see the light." So because of that, I do delight and take joy while undergoing trials, being confident, knowing that he who works in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

And then there was J's bday party. All I can say is that it was a house filled with love and laughter (at J's expense). But really, between the wedding and J's bday, it was like even though the world is still pretty messed up, w/ injustices that's built into it and we're all guilty of it, that there's still moments like these that makes life all so beautiful.

Shoutouts (had them in H.S., do they still have them these days?) to One Little Voice, be encouraged brother! GW - have a nice trip out there. Alf - keep running da race. Gear - don't be stressed man, it'll all work out. TonLoc - those cd's are tiiiight! Odelay! Zileel - good talkin to ya at food court, you sure know your way around THAT mall!

Peace y'all



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home