Living out of a backpack for the next 6 weeks
So I'm still in LA, about to have dinner with my folks before heading back up to SF tomorrow, assuming that my old civic cooperates and not have the coolant tank explode the way it did on the way down, and right now I'm pondering...hmm...yes, scratching my chin pondering...what it would be like to live out of a backpack for 6 weeks.
So here's what my itinerary looks like:
1) Spend some quality time with my sister in Japan
2) See the famous Tori gate floating on water, and the peaceful island of Miyajima
3) Visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial in Hiroshima, try the okonomiyaki there.
4) Attend the World Expo in Nagoya
5) Get a bowl of ramen at the Ramen Museum in Yokohama
6) Fly out to Shanghai, meet some folks, see the Bund, Pudong, get some shao long baos, maybe some shanghai sharks gear
7) Visit Xian, see the terracotta soldiers, get some "cross-the-bridge" noodles
8) Head out to Yunnan, starting at Kunming, then to Dali, the beautiful old city of LiJiang, Jade Dragon Snow Mountains, and Tiger Leaping Gorge....hopefully stay at a tibetian guesthouse and get some good ethnic food
9) Check out Guilin/Yangshuo, taking a river cruise on the Li River, biking to moon hill...
10) Return on the motherland...HK...where I can then see my grandma, play ball with my college friends, and eat pretty much whatever I want. Man, I love HK.
Excited? Very. I'll be sure to update the pix on flicker. I just got the canon s60, and I got my backpack, my gear...man, I'm ready to go.
So here's what my itinerary looks like:
1) Spend some quality time with my sister in Japan
2) See the famous Tori gate floating on water, and the peaceful island of Miyajima
3) Visit the Hiroshima Peace Memorial in Hiroshima, try the okonomiyaki there.
4) Attend the World Expo in Nagoya
5) Get a bowl of ramen at the Ramen Museum in Yokohama
6) Fly out to Shanghai, meet some folks, see the Bund, Pudong, get some shao long baos, maybe some shanghai sharks gear
7) Visit Xian, see the terracotta soldiers, get some "cross-the-bridge" noodles
8) Head out to Yunnan, starting at Kunming, then to Dali, the beautiful old city of LiJiang, Jade Dragon Snow Mountains, and Tiger Leaping Gorge....hopefully stay at a tibetian guesthouse and get some good ethnic food
9) Check out Guilin/Yangshuo, taking a river cruise on the Li River, biking to moon hill...
10) Return on the motherland...HK...where I can then see my grandma, play ball with my college friends, and eat pretty much whatever I want. Man, I love HK.
Excited? Very. I'll be sure to update the pix on flicker. I just got the canon s60, and I got my backpack, my gear...man, I'm ready to go.

2 Comments:
hey dshih have a great trip! sounds fun. -bb
By
Anonymous, at 8:07 AM
Damn am I jealous of you. Have a great time on your trip Dshih and eat LOTS of "yuuu daan" off the streets for me please. Even better, bring back some "yuuu daan" for me and you will be my bestest friend in the whole wide world.
By
Jenny Lee Photography, at 12:18 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home