Cozy Airport Lounge

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Okay, here comes the retro blogs... This one is from Oct 24, on the way to Japan...

10/24, on the visa line at HK airport:
Couple of observations:
1) I feel disoriented. Riding 3 planes for the last 24 hours.
2) Walking through the foreign customs line, so many people from around the world, although dominated by HK people, there are europeans that have suits on. I always thought that they must be from former communist countries. The ones with suits on. Having a US passport is definitely nice. It's almost like a Status symbol, although not everyone want to be American these days, unlike the days when we immigrated in the 80's.
3) This thought has been bothering me. I'm waiting in this packed line, everyone waiting to get their passports checked, about 400 people here at least. What if Jesus came right this instant? It'll be a catastrophe from the human point of view, cuz a vast majority of people will go to hell right there. And to think about other places in the world and the amount of people going to be judged will be a disaster. Definitely greater than Hiroshima by 500 fold at least. That's horrible God. It really bothers me, as if to think which side am I on? Even if the people have a freedom to choose to have a relationship with God or not, that it's our choice not to accept him, it's still a catastrophe. Does this really make sense? Do humans really deserve this? Most of the people here don't even believe there's a God, let alone believe that Jesus is the way. So I'm not totally sure what to think of this...I really don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home