Cozy Airport Lounge

Monday, September 15, 2003

9:54pm
Westin Hotel Long Beach

Holla! I'm down in LBC now, blogging like I promise you all. If I haven't told you I'm working down in Long Beach for a month, covering the Women's World Cup. Anyway, after the retreat in Santa Cruz I drove down by myself down the 101 to LA on sunday. I was so tired that I took a nap near Cal Poly SLO for like 1/2 hr before driving further down. I'm glad I took the 101 instead of the 5 because driving past pismo beach was beautiful. It's great driving by the pacific ocean. But the thing is, you know you've reached LA when you're stuck in traffic, and sure enough, I cross ventura county and red lights start lighting up.

It's getting hot in herrrre! Do I sound like a norcal person now? I complain about the traffic, the heat...man, it's only the first day! But the nights are nice, being able to wear a tshirt and stroll around in the cool air. I don't really know Long Beach...so I feel kinda trapped here. I wished I was in Pasadena, Arcadia, Alhambra, Santa Monica, or even downtown. But I guess I'll get to know this place now. In my hotel room I do get to see the Queen Mary...haha...It's just sitting there on my right as I type this. I've heard from people that there's ghosts there at night. Woooooooooooooo........

Seeing my family and my aunt was great. Without fail, my aunt asks, "So, you dating yet?" How do chinese relatives have this uncanny knack for asking this question with great consistency? She could have asked how's my work, how's my house, how's yahoo... It's more constant than sunrise and sunset. I told her I don't believe in dating and that being single for the rest of my life is a great idea. I think she kinda shrieked and believed for a split second....then I let out a smirk and she relaxed... Sigh... old chinese people! Stop asking your nephews and sons to get married!!!! Haha...

It's good to trade in a 100 mi commute in SF for an elevator ride commute here in Long Beach. I'm gonna save so many miles on my car and all the road rages and that 101/92 intersection. Now all I have to pass are the tourists at the lobby. This is great!

Ok, I have an early meeting tomorrow so here's my quickies before hitting the "Heavenly bed" as these hotel folks have promoted it:

Jimmy, how's anelka, owen, and mutu sound for a frontline of strikers huh? :)
Thx to those who wrote me encouragements this weekend. Let us continue to spur each other on huh?
Thx Drew for your car help. I totally appreciate it.
I had a mediterranean dish tonight called "Baba Ganoush". Very tasty, albeit the name strikes a resemblance to some Indian Demigod "Baba G" from Bend it Like Beckham.... "Do you swear by Baba G????" :D

Alright folks, ttyl.
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home