Cozy Airport Lounge

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Hi, just came back from the Manchester United vs. Club America soccer game at LA Coliseum. Let's see, we paid 20 bucks for parking, waited 45 min at Will Call, missed 37 minutes of the 1st half, saw man u fan section and club america fan section throw water bottles at each other, security arresting fans, saw one guy with no shirt on jump the fence and headed straight onto the field, interrupting the game before security had to chase him down, and three instances of people almost fighting, all happening off the pitch. This is wholesome family entertainment i tell you. Better than WWF! It was all worth it though as I saw Ruud Van Nistelrooy slice in a beautiful beautiful goal on the closer side of the field. I can still remember it. I finally got to see them play. Awesome. Definitely worth it. Oh, and the score? Manchester United won 3-1. Wasn't even close, but it was an enjoyable game for sure. Just being able to see Veron, Scholes, Giggs, Van Nistelrooy, skoesjaer (sp.), ferdinand, and even O'Shea play in person was a treat. They really do have a lot of skills and the teamwork was apparent. It was great southern california weather too. Great day out except for all the hooligans who spoiled it a little.

My friend Tony and I then ate at Versailles at Santa Monica. Cuban food. Roasted garlic chicken with fried green bananas...mmmm....don't think you can get this in NorCal. Speaking of which, I can't find a decent Shanghainese restaurant in the city either. Man! I don't care what NorCal ppl say, LA ethnic food is way better than SF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home