Road Trip Day 3

Cadillac Ranch, Texas
Originally uploaded by cozyairport.
Posting these a day late, but here's pictures from our 3rd day. We drove thru Albuquerque, Tucumcari, Amarillo, Groom, stopping at Oklahoma City.
I suppose I had a very good reason for being late. As we drove towards Oklahoma City, we heard from the radio that a tornado ripped through the town of El Reno, just outside OKC, and damaged an airport hanger. We can see orange flashes on our right as a severe thunderstorm was brewing in the distance. Basically, we missed the path of the tornado by an hour. I was definitely freaked out and wondered why people would ever live in Tornado country. Then again, talking to a local gas attendent, she said it's crazy to live in Earthquake country, so I suppose you pick your poison.
We in Memphis now. Day 4 (today) has been exciting also. Post of today to come probably tomorrow.

2 Comments:
D, Tone here. Debbie and I have really enjoyed looking at the photos. We're even not sick of Jackelope yet! The best pic was the one of the Russian lady holding Jack at the Grand Canyon. We can't wait to hear more details first hand when you come back. Seems like such an adventure so far... and you didn't even have to cross any oceans! Have a safe trip, talk soon.
ps. Sorry I didn't return your call, was working a couple of 10hr days out at an office that day.
By
Anonymous, at 7:38 PM
Jackelope's hot. Almost as hot as your friend Greg.
By
Anonymous, at 1:32 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home