Cozy Airport Lounge

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Wow, there have been 4 birthday get togethers that I've been to in the last 2 weeks. This coming week there will be a birthday tuesday, wed, and thurs. Busy week. January has always been like that, lots of people becoming one year older.

Hey I think 2004 will be a good year. New year, fresh start. Another year older and hopefully wiser, after going thru stuff in 03. I do hope that you all will have a great 2004 as well.

Lately I've been able to hang out with some couples who I really admire. There's a coworker who I went to the Cavs Warriors game with and they have a cute 2 year old kid. Their family is so cool. I can tell that they're such good friends with each other and that they're truly partners in life. They would do anything for their son also. In fact, their son is so cute, I was compelled to head to the closest disney store and bought him the 'Squirt' plush toy, you know, the kid turtle from Nemo. Surf the EAC duuuuude! By the way if you ever want to break the ice with an insanely cute 2 year old, hold out your hand and ask for "Hi-Fives!!!!", the smile that he/she gives after slapping his/her small hand to yours, priceless. I have no surefire advice though, if you're trying to break the ice with an insanely cute say... 26 year old girl. Sorry, you're on your own. ;)

Anyway, back to my original topic. Then there's the redwood city couple. It's cool to still see them being playful and teasing each other. Yeah, you can see them being partners in life also. They have that same warm smile too, seriously, the same as my coworker and his wife, and their 2 year old son. Good for them! I see the same sentiment with Zion Dodgeball King and the songstress. They're so comfortable with each other and they really care for each other. When they smile, it's sincere. Why da heck am I writing all this? I guess life just goes down easier when you can catch glimpses of authentic love that people have for another. We all need love... We are the world... we are the children... just kidding. But seriously, with all the suicide bombs and politicians criticizing each other on the media. You gotta notice little moments like these to keep your head up.

Quickies:
> Hey, Palo Alto is starting to grow on me again. Wouldn't mind moving back down to South Bay... dang, did I just say that?
> Baz Luhrman is awesome. I need to buy Romeo and Juliet DVD. No need for Moulin Rouge cuz it's always playing on vh1.
> Yangster I hope he has a quick recovery. Being at home and immobile definitely sucks.
> Music of the moment: David Crowder Band
> Films I want to watch: Romeo and Juliet, Swing Kids
> Current theme: You must give more than you receive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home